Monday, December 16, 2002

This is my post from 11:30 last night--for some reason I couldn't post it then.

------------

I am on the edge of my seat waiting to find out if there is going to be a transit strike tomorrow. The seat I am on the edge of, by the way, is a very solid and elegant dark-wood desk chair from the 1940s. It is really practical and attractive looking. It also hurts my ass like I cannot believe. I need a cushion.

When I contemplate the transit strike I feel all thrilled and excited in the pit of my stomach. I know that it will mess up a lot of people's lives and cause inconvenience and misery. I am not going to enjoy getting up at 6 am. and walking ten blocks and waiting in the snow and standing on a crowded bus getting bus-sick for god knows how long. But there is an unpleasant little part of my brain that really likes chaos. Does that make me evil? If it does mean that I am evil, what can I do about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home