Monday, September 01, 2008

I'm packing up one of my favorite things I've ever done: this Tom Waits-inspired piece for the upcoming Cover Band show at Gallery 1988.



The title of the piece is "Burn your mansion to the ground".



I started out listening to "The house where nobody lives", and then "Come on up to the house" and finally "Hold on".



There's a lot of singing about houses in this album; it's interesting.



"Well the paint was all cracked, it was peeled off the wood. Papers were stacked on the porch where I stood, and the weeds had grown up just as high as the door. There were birds in the chimney and an old chest of drawers..."



"Well the moon is broken and the sky is cracked. Come on up to the house."



"You build it up, you wreck it down, you burn your mansion to the ground..."



"I'll tell you one thing. He's not building a playhouse for the children."

3 Comments:

Blogger GreenSpaceGoods said...

Packing it up?? But what will you do with it? Why not hang it up somewhere if you love it? :)

9:46 AM  
Blogger Annabelle said...

Wow...Interesting ,luv the art and the music. Posted your link on my site. ADORE YOUR WORK!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Leontine said...

I am packing it up and sending it to LA for other people to love (hopefully)!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home