Sunday, February 02, 2003

Here's a fascinating fact from today's New York Times Magazine: "Dolphins...would drown if they couldn't stay awake to regulate their respiration, but their brains have evolved the ingenious ability to sleep one hemisphere at a time."

I wonder what that feels like.

Whenever I come across an article about sleep researchers, I am always interested in what they have to say. It's really strange that everyone on earth spends a third of our lives sleeping, but we don't really think much about what it means and why we do it. Personally, I am a big fan of sleeping, and I would really like to learn more about it. I wonder if there is a book I could read?

There are some other things in the news that I would like to write about, but there's nothing I can say that someone else isn't already saying. These things include the war (bad), and Joe Millionaire (good).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home