Here are some of the things I am apparently supposed to do in the next 6 months:
1. Order an appropriate number of yarmulkes with our names on them, and the date.
2. Rent-a-Chuppah (1-800-5-JEWISH!)
3. Get a Ketubah. I didn't even know what this was, but I sure do now. And now I need one. These Ketubot are unbelievable beautiful. They are ten times more than I could ever afford.
4. Register for more stuff to put in our apartment. Why do we need more stuff? I mean, it's a pretty small apartment and it's kind of full.
5. Pick a color scheme for the wedding. Huh.
6. Get a manicure.
What I have done:
1. Drew a picture of two cats loudly announcing our impending marriage.
2. Ruined $30 worth of really charming paper by using the wrong kind of printer to print the announcing cats.
3. Ordered a paper eyelet setter so I can make our wedding invitations out of several layers of paper fastened together like this.
4. Photocopied my hand with the engagement ring on it quite a few times
5. Spent $150 on a button maker so I can make crazy numbers of buttons. How this relates to the wedding is a little tenuous, but I am telling you. This is the best $150 I ever spent. I can put anything on a button. I have infinite power.