Sunday, August 31, 2003

Today Sascha and I watched Kirikou. It is just as cute as I had remembered.

It's been a busy weekend. On Friday I had an upsetting conversation with the head of my department at work (although I've decided we were both kind of justified, if not logically, at least emotionally, in giving each other a hard time. So I'm trying not to obsess about it and about what I could have done differently.) Then I left work early and met my parents for lunch. Then my Mom and I went shopping for wedding stuff and after that we met Sascha's dad for dinner. It was one of those days when you can hardly believe by dinnertime that you are still having the same day that you were having that morning.

Yesterday, we went and bought the fabric for my wedding dress before going up to New Rochelle for dinner with Sascha's mom and his grandma.

The best thing that has come out of this whole wedding thing so far is discovering the fabric stores on 39th and 40th Streets and the bead and button stores around 38th Street and Broadway. Every store has a different selection and a different specialty, but in my opinion the best is Poli Fabrics on 40th. When I went in there on Thursday, the owner met me at the door with a big grin and "We've been waiting for you! Come in! How can we help you?!" And when I said I was getting married, "But no! You are only 20! 21! You are too young to marry!" He charmed the pants off my mom on Saturday too, and I ended up accidentally getting the same fabric swatch from him twice, so we figured it was obviously the right one.

My dad cannot believe that I am doing all of this girlie wedding stuff. I am having a hard time believing it myself. On the other hand, I have always liked throwing parties and making things, so maybe it is not such a big surprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home