Thursday, September 04, 2003

I wish they would post the submissions for the World Trade Center memorial on the internet. I'm really curious about them. My idea (which I didn't submit) was to suspend a missing persons flyer for each victim in a huge block of lucite, to kind of evoke the storm of paper that fell out of the building and carpeted downtown and Brooklyn after the disaster. The block would be at least twenty feet tall, and would fill up with light when the sun hit it...which would be especially striking in the sunken plaza.

Oh well.

On a more upbeat note, I was amazed to discover that mozzarepas have their own website. They certainly are a delicious treat (available all summer at a street fair near you), and you won't know until twenty minutes later that you have swallowed a concrete hockey puck. The website has an appropriate horror-movie aesthetic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home